Printing & Signs supports most major programs
Acceptable Vector File Formats:
- EPS – Encapsulated Postscript – Saved from a vector-based program such as Adobe Illustrator
- PDF –Adobe Acrobat – This works well for both high res and vector file
- AI – Adobe Illustrator
- FS – FlexiSign Pro
RASTER – Raster or bitmapped files are pixel based formats that are resolution dependent. They are made up of tiny squares of color. A raster image is made up of a finite number of pixels. When you re-size a raster image, pixel size is not changed; pixels are either added or taken away depending whether the image is being reduced or enlarged. So a low-res image can become either jagged or fuzzy. Images “borrowed” from the web are usually lo-res (72 dpi) and unusable.
Acceptable Raster File Formats:
- PSD – Adobe PhotoShop files with at least 175 dpi (full size) work fine. It is also advisable to leave any layers, channels or paths and not flatten in the event that our designers need to make color corrections or other adjustments.
- EPS – Encapsulated Postscript format saved from a raster program such as PhotoShop.
- TIF – Tagged Image File – High Resolution
- JPEG – High resolution jpegs may be used for smaller signs. The larger they get the worse they will look.
Printing & Signs also utilizes DropBox and YouSendit for transferring large files
You may also send the file in the following types: jpg, jpeg, psd, tif, eps, ai
We prefer that you send .PDF and .EPS files with outlined fonts. These files are easier to handle and will likely speed up the production of your order.
Files types must be vector .eps, .ai , or .pdf
All fonts must be converted to outlines
All colors converted to spot colors
Note: Placing a scanned image (or an image created in another program) into an . eps, ai, or .pdf file does not make the file a usable vector file. Submitted files not true .eps, .ai, or .pdf
Examples of Artwork that we will NOT print without recreating (charges apply)
Jpegs, Microsoft Word files, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher
Note: There is NO CHARGE for creating your artwork with our online design tool!